On September 16th, the Department of Justice, through its Claims Administrator (The Garden City Group) began notifying U.S. players whose account balances were forfeited in a settlement between the U.S. Department of Justice and Full Tilt Poker (FTP), of the process through which players can reclaim their funds. The PPA recognizes that a variety of questions will arise from this long-awaited process, and we stand ready to help our members. In the coming days, we will make available on this site an “information guide” that will help affected poker players navigate and understand the claims process, and (we hope) obtain all funds due. Our team will also be available to answer questions PPA members may have with the claims process. Beginning September 16th if you have a question regarding the claims process we ask that you email us at [email protected]. When emailing us, please keep in mind the following:
- Priority in responding will be given to 2013 dues paying PPA members.
- Include your full name and the email address associated with your PPA membership.
- Please attach any supporting documents – emails, screenshots, etc. -- that will help us understand any issues, concerns or questions arising with your FTP claim.
- Please understand that any response the PPA provides is purely informational. We are not providing legal advice, and you should not rely on any information we provide as a substitute for legal advice. There may be tax, or other legal ramifications that relate to your claims, and if you want advice specifically tailored to your situation, you should retain your own attorney.
- If you provide us information, we may share that information with the Claims Administrator, but will do so only to help pursue your claim and/or other, similar claims by poker players.
- Thank you for your patience as we work to provide you with the most accurate information to help you.
The PPA is pleased that affected poker players will soon be reunited with their funds and we will continue to play an active role in working with the Department of Justice and Garden City Group to streamline the claims process and provide information to our members.
Important links and information:
Official Information from the FTP Repayment Site:
- Notification Reprint
- DOJ (03/13/2013)
- DOJ Letter (12/02/2012)
- DOJ Letter (08/02/2012)