January 23rd, 2013
Weekly Update from Rich Muny, VP of Player Relations
With 2013 heating up at the state level for poker in all its forms (online, bricks-and-mortar, charitable, etc.), we need to make sure lawmakers are hearing from all of us – especially the newly elected politicians.
Will you take a moment now to send them these all-new, fully editable, prewritten poker letters? Simply click the buttons below (or here). In less than thirty seconds, you can send these emails directly to the inboxes of all your elected state and federal lawmakers!
Thank you for participating!
New Jersey Legislation Update
Last night, New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie made comments regarding that state’s proposed online gaming bill, expressing concern for potential problem gaming issues. That is unfortunate, as the bill mandates several measures to address that issue.
Let’s all remind Gov. Christie that A2578, the online poker bill in question, provides important protections for the small minority of players with problem gaming issues while simultaneously allowing the vast majority of those who wish to enjoy this activity in a responsible manner to do so. This is clearly preferable to a virtual prohibition that provides no protections for anyone. Simply send the prefilled, editable tweet HERE!
- Webcast: “PPA Weekly Update” airs live each Sunday at 6:45 pm ET/3:45 pm PT on Fifth Street Radio. Listen live here.
- The Poker Advocacy with Rich Muny webcast on OnTilt Radio airs live each Monday at 8 pm ET/5 pm PT. Listen live here. You can follow the program on Facebook at facebook.com/PokerAdvocacy, and on Twitter at @PokerAdvocacy. The show site is ontiltradio.com/ppa. The program has been nominated for a number of OnTilt Radio awards. You can vote for your favorites at ontiltradio.com/thetiltys
- OnTilt Radio (1/21): “Poker Advocacy with Rich Muny.” I was joined by Poker News Boy’s Steve Ruddock for a terrific discussion on the state of poker advocacy! (listen here or on iTunes here).
- PokerNewsBoy (1/21): “The PPA Check-In with Rich Muny: Progress” I sat down with PNB’s Steve Ruddock for our weekly interview on the poker advocacy effort. Read here.
- Fifth Street Radio (1/20): I sat down with Mark Hoke for a great discussion (I come on at time point 0:44:15 of Part 1…listen here).
For the most up-to-date news, follow us at:
Thank you for your continued support!
Proud to play,
|The Poker Players AllianceDedicated to Protecting America’s Favorite Card Game The Poker Players Alliance is a nonprofit membership organization comprised of poker players and enthusiasts from around the United States who have joined together to speak with one voice to promote the game and to protect poker players’ rights. Visit us at theppa.org
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.