July 24th, 2012
Weekly Update from Rich Muny, VP of Player Relations
As I mentioned last week, the Senate Indian Affairs Committee will hold an oversight hearing to “examine the regulation of tribal gaming, focusing on brick and mortar to the Internet” tomorrow (July 26th) at 2:15 pm ET. It will be live-streamed via the Committee website, so please be sure watch it.
I have more great news on this to share with you all. PPA consultant former Congressman Jon Porter (R-NV) has been invited to testify before the Committee! With this, players will have been represented at all three hearings held by the Committee. As the primary focus of the Senate Indian Affairs Committee hearings has not been on players, getting invited to all three has been excellent for all of us.
This issue is clearly on the front burner in Congress, so let’s all ensure we are reaching out and being heard!
- Let’s send prefilled, fully editable tweets to Senate Indian Affairs Committee members Sens. Tester, Crapo, and Johanns: HERE, HERE and HERE.
- Let’s make and like pro-poker comments to the Senate Indian Affairs Committee Facebook wall HERE.
- Let’s retweet today’s #Fight4Poker action plan HERE, share it on our Facebook walls HERE, share it via Google+ HERE. Promotion of it via social media has been getting us lots of new participants!
I understand not everyone will choose to sign up for Facebook, Twitter, or Change.org to participate in these kinds of actions. As an alternative, I encourage you to call Congress this week. Simply visit theppa.org/takeaction and scroll down to item #2 for talking points and a lookup tool for your Congressman’s home district office phone numbers. Ask him or her specifically to support HR 2366, Rep. Barton’s Online Poker Act. Thanks!
For the latest news and advocacy actions, please be sure to follow PPA and me on Twitter, at @ppapoker and @RichMuny respectively. Please also be sure to like us on Facebook at facebook.com/theppa and facebook.com/rich.muny, and on Google+ at theppa.org/googleplus and gplus.to/richmuny.
- The Poker Advocacy with Rich Muny webcast airs live each Monday, at 8 pm ET, on OnTilt Radio (listen live here). Follow the program on Facebook at facebook.com/PokerAdvocacy, and on Twitter at @PokerAdvocacy. The show site is ontiltradio.com/ppa.
- Webcast: “PPA Weekly Update” airs live each Tuesday at 9:45 pm ET on Fifth Street Radio (listen live here).
- OnTilt Radio: “Poker Advocacy with Rich Muny.” I was joined by Jan Fisher for a great, informative interview. (7/23) (listen here or on iTunes here).
Thank you for your continued support!
The PPA wishes to keep active members like yourself updated on the latest poker advocacy news by periodically sending out select events and headlines. We hope you find it informative and thank you for your continuing support.
|The Poker Players AllianceDedicated to Protecting America’s Favorite Card Game The Poker Players Alliance is a nonprofit membership organization comprised of poker players and enthusiasts from around the United States who have joined together to speak with one voice to promote the game and to protect poker players’ rights. Visit us at theppa.org
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.