Weekly Update from Rich Muny, VP of Player Relations
Last week, I shared the news that you are cordially invited to the PPA Town Hall meeting in Las Vegas at the Rio during the World Series of Poker® on Saturday, June 30th, starting at 12:15 pm in the Belize Room (click here for map). I also mentioned that I would share details as they come available, and I have a great detail to share this week:
Key poker supporter and sponsor of H.R. 2366, the Online Poker Act, Congressman Joe Barton (R-TX) will address the group and is looking forward to meeting you!
This free town hall event will include a discussion of the issues facing the poker community in Nevada and across the nation. Executive Director John Pappas, Director of Grassroots and External Affairs Drew Lesofski, Nevada State Director Lupe Soto, and I will be on hand to answer your questions regarding your poker rights. Please be sure to make plans to attend this important meeting. If you are in the Las Vegas area that day, I hope you and your poker friends will attend!
RSVP: [email protected] (RSVPs are not required, but please try to let us know if you are planning to attend.)
This is a great opportunity to meet your PPA representatives and to get the latest information on the poker legislative landscape. The first 25 people who show up will receive a free PPA t-shirt! Everyone in attendance will receive a free PPA patch. We will be providing light refreshments as well.
PPA at the WSOP
I thank everyone who took the time to stop by the PPA WSOP booth this past weekend to discuss the poker advocacy effort and what they can do to help further the cause!
We will be back for the weekends of 6/29-7/1 and 7/7-7/9 (the opening days of the Main Event). If you are in the area one of those weekends, I hope you will stop by to talk to us about the fight. We will have PPA patches available, so please pick one up to show everyone at the WSOP that you are proud to advocate for our rights as poker players and enthusiasts!
Make sure to check the PPA Facebook and Twitter pages for up-to-the-minute info on everything we are be doing at the WSOP , to see great pictures, and to follow our real-time take on all that is going on at the WSOP.
The Poker Petition
Last week, I asked for your help in getting over 5000 signatures for the poker petition at theppa.org/changepetition2. We now have 5444 signatures! I thank you for coming through to ensure our lawmakers know where we stand on our rights. Let’s all take a moment to ensure our elected representatives hear from via the petition AND through social media:
- If you have not yet signed, please sign the petition HERE.
- Let’s send prefilled, editable tweets to the poker petition recipients: HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, and HERE.
- I understand not everyone will choose to sign up for Facebook, Twitter, or Change.org to participate in these kinds of actions. As an alternate, I encourage reaching out to Congress via a phone call. Simply visit theppa.org/takeaction and scroll down to item #2 for talking points and a lookup tool for your senator’s Washington D.C. office phone number. Thanks!
- The Poker Advocacy with Rich Muny webcast airs live each Monday, at 8 pm ET, on OnTilt Radio (listen live here). Follow the program on Facebook at facebook.com/PokerAdvocacy, and on Twitter at @PokerAdvocacy. The show site is ontiltradio.com/ppa.
- Webcast: “PPA Weekly Update” airs live each Tuesday at 9:45 pm ET on Fifth Street Radio (listen live here).
- OnTilt Radio: “Poker Advocacy with Rich Muny.” I was joined by Kevin “Kevmath” Mathers. We had a terrific discussion that I encourage everyone to check out. (6/18) (listen here or on iTunes here).
- Fifth Street Radio: “PPA Weekly Update.” I come on at time point 0:28:00 of Part 1 (6/12) (listen here)
Thank you for your continued support!
The PPA wishes to keep active members like yourself updated on the latest poker advocacy news by periodically sending out select events and headlines. We hope you find it informative and thank you for your continuing support.